& land use
- Promote quality new development that is balanced to cultivate a healthy, livable community
- Protect and improve existing neighborhoods
- Maintain consistent, equitable, and transparent land use decisions
- Preserve and enhance downtown cultural and historic districts
- Foster a safe and clean environment
Existing Land Use Map
Future Vision Map
Goals, Strategies & Objectives
Goal 1: West Monroe creates and maintains unified zoning districts that protect the intended, distinct character of each district.
Goal 2: West Monroe leverages its cultural and historic districts to promote similar development and growth in neighborhoods throughout the city.
Goal 3: West Monroe uses its available natural resources to foster and sustain a multimodal trail network, connecting residential neighborhoods to recreational amenities and the rest of the city.
- Improve existing city zoning ordinance
- Revise land use map to align with future vision map
- Establish ordinance to regulate short-term rentals (ex. Airbnb)
- Establish architectural and landscaping standards for commercial properties and newly constructed residential units
- Pursue annexation of nearby areas when and where the majority of residents support it
- Develop a Parks and Recreation master plan