Chapter 5: housing & Neighborhoods
- Offer diverse housing types for people of all socioeconomic backgrounds
- Maintain design standards for quality residential development
- Develop walkable neighborhoods with connectivity to public amenities
- Ensure residential properties and neighborhoods are properly maintained
- Proactively prepare for residential growth
Goals, Strategies & Objectives
Goal 1: West Monroe offers a variety of housing options for all people.
Goal 2: West Monroe neighborhood are safe, connected, and well maintained.
Goal 3: Housing development in West Monroe is consistent with its future vision map and accommodates residential growth.
- Establish a home ownership program in the South Riverbend Cultural District and throughout other parts of the city
- Leverage private funding to develop incentive program(s) that catalyze rehabilitation of residential structures within West Monroe’s two cultural districts
- Establish a Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) for new housing development and/or rehabilitation of existing units
- Develop new residential area in Highland Park
- Establish a land bank program to stimulate development throughout the city